Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

16 Happiness Quotes to Brighten Your Day

What a wonderful life I've had!  I only wish I'd realized it sooner.  ~Colette

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.  ~James Openheim

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.  ~Berke Breathed

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ~Buddha

If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes. ~Andrew Carnegie

Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness. ~Mark Twain

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.  ~
Janet Lane


Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness. ~George Santayana

Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower. 

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. ~Groucho Marx

Joy can be real only if people look upon their life as a service, and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happiness. ~Leo Tolstoy

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.  ~Cynthia Nelms

Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination.  ~Immanuel Kant

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.  ~Norm Papernick

No comments:

Post a Comment