Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

How to LAUGH… and why you should.

Laughter truly IS the best medicine.

“If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.” ~Proverb

The Benefits of Laughter

Simple:
  • Laughter reduces the level of stress hormones in our bodies
  • Laughter provides both a physical and emotional release.
  • Laughter can be a good workout for your abs, diaphragm, and shoulders.
  • Laughter leaves you feeling more relaxed.
  • Laughter brings the focus away from negative emotions.
  • Laughter can give us a more positive outlook on a situation.
  • Laughter connects us with others.
Here are some tips to get you laughing:
  • Look in the mirror and make silly faces (yes, this works).
  • Spend a night (or two) at your local comedy club.
  • Turn on a funny movie or TV show.
  • Take a look at the comics in the newspaper. It’s funnier than the news.
  • Look for funny websites on the Net
  • Always ask yourself How is this situation funny? when you are upset.
  • Hang out with funny friends. You know who they are.
  • Read a funny book.
  • Fake it. Apparently fake laughter has the same benefits.
  • Read funny quotes.
Did you enjoy this post?

http://www.PsychicEnergies.com

3 comments:

  1. Laughter breaks down all the barriers - pretense, negativity and sadness cannot exist in the presence of laughter. So bring it on I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the effectiveness of fake laughter. Since I was a child, I covered up my insecurities with laughter and somehow, despite being clinically depressed, I no longer require medication. I owe it to the fact that I laugh when I am insecure. I also laugh when I stuff up!

    LAUGH ON!

    ReplyDelete